Deadline: 31 August, 2012
Open to: Foreign students holding Bachelors´, Master´s, or PhD Degree Certificate, according to the requested scholarship degree
Scholarship: Stipend amounts from $ 7,479.60 Mexican pesos (equivalent to 570.794 USD) to $9,349.50 Mexican pesos (equivalent to 713.493 USD)
For decades, the Mexican cultural diplomacy has worked in different successful programs, such as the human capital training through scholarships for academic degrees awarding and research work performing in different areas of knowledge.
The Directorate-General for Educational and Cultural Cooperation, through the Academic Exchange Department, designs and manages the Ministry of Foreign Affairs´ Scholarship Program for Foreigners. The scholarships of the Mexican Government present two programs: the scholarship for academic studies and the scholarship for special programs.
The scholarships for academic studies are offered to take complete programs for Specialization, Master´s or PhD Degrees, and Postgraduate Researches. Likewise, the offer includes academic mobility for Bachelor´s and Postgraduate Degree. On the other hand, the scholarships for special programs are offered to take short-term fellowships addressed to Visiting Professors, Researchers in Mexico´s issues, Media Contributors, Art Production Fellowships, etc.
Scholarships are offered to study
- Specialization Studies, Master´s and PhD Degrees;
- Medical Specializations;
- Postgraduate Research;
- Postdoctoral Fellowships;
- Bachelor´s Degree and Postgraduate Mobility;
- Art Production Fellowships;
- High-level Conferences;
- Fellowships for Mexicanologists;
- Media Contributors Fellowships; and
- Fellowships for visiting professors.
Neither scholarships for preparatory courses nor scholarships to take direct PhD Degrees (programs comprising Master´s and PhD Degree), distance, open, and virtual learning programs will be granted.
- Have Bachelors´, Master´s, or PhD Degree Certificate, according to the requested scholarship degree. Enclose copy.
- Have a minimum GPA of 8 on a 0 to 10 scale, in the last academic year. If the scale is other than the stated, it is important to present its equivalence.
- Acceptance letter of the intended study program proving the duration and the start and end dates of the program, or proof of the approval process, signed by a competent authority of the Mexican host institution, in letterhead and with handwritten signature
- Meet all the requirements requested by the higher education institution.
- Have the official application from his/her Government, in case of academic scholarships. (Form)
- The mobility scholarships require having an academic acceptance letter from the host institution and also an official letter from the home institution stating the approval of the subjects' course credits that will be taken in Mexico.
- If the applicant speaks other language than Spanish, he/she must add a proficiency in Spanish language certificate, issued by a University or Educational Institution that proves it.
- Enclose the application form among the deadlines
For detailed information about the requirements please click HERE.
Stipend amount is $ 7,479.60 Mexican pesos (equivalent to 570.794 USD) for mobility scholarships for Bachelor´s, Specialization, Master´s Degree or Research, and for Spanish language and Mexican culture studies. Stipend amounting $9,349.50 Mexican pesos (equivalent to 713.493 USD), is for scholarships of PhD Degree or Research, Postdoctoral Fellowships, Medical Specializations and Sub-specializations, Expert, Artists, and Visiting Professors Fellowships.
For any questions that might concern you please contact the following address:
Av. Juárez #20, Piso 7, Col. Centro.
telephone: (55) 3686-5100
fax: 3686-5359 y 3686-5342
For more information please visit the official website.