PhD Program in Economics/ Economics and Finance in Italy
Deadline: 1 September 2017
Open to: all candidates who are obtaining their degree by 31 October 2017
Scholarship: about 1100 EUR per month
Università Cattolica di Milano and Università di Milano – Bicocca offer a joint Ph.D. Program in Economics/ in Economics and Finance. This program draws on the experience not only of the “Graduate Program in Public Economics” but also of the Ph.D. in Economics (DEP) and of the Ph.D. in “Financial markets and institutions” (MEIF). The length of the Ph.D. Program is three years, starting at the beginning of November 2017.
- An Italian degree (Diploma di laurea quadriennale, laurea specialistica, laurea magistrale) or a an Italian degree obtained according to the regulations existent before the implementation of the Ministerial Decree of 3 November, 1999, n. 509 and its subsequent amendments and supplements;
- A foreign academic qualification already recognized as equivalent by academic authorities, or recognised in accordance with inter-university agreements of co-operation and mobility;
- A foreign academic qualification that has not yet been recognized equivalent to an Italian degree, provided the candidate includes the documents necessary to reach a decision regarding equivalence, for purposes of admission to the Ph.D. programme only.
Applications may also be submitted by candidates of all nationalities who have not yet graduated but who expect to receive their degree by October 31st, 2017. In this case, the admission to the program is conditional on the candidate submitting a valid certification of the obtained degree. Should this not occur, her/his application will be automatically discarded.
Eleven students will be awarded a three-years scholarship (six fellowships shall pay an income per year of 16.238,47 EUR – gross of social contributions and fees – while the others will amount to a minimum of 13.638,47 EUR – gross of social contributions and fees).
The monthly allowance can be increased up to 50% for our Ph.D. students spending visiting periods abroad. There will also be allowances for short-period mobility (from the second year).
How to Apply?
Apply to: email@example.com
- For graduates, a certificate of an Italian or foreign degree, plus a transcript including the final overall grade granted as well as the complete list of courses attended and grades received;
- If qualification is pending, a certificate of enrollment to one of the acceptable Italian degree programs or to a foreign academic program, plus a transcript including courses attended and grades received;
- Certification of further qualifications, such as a Master degree and any other post-graduate course, with transcripts of courses attended and grades received;
- Any publication the candidate wishes to submit to the selection committee and a list thereof;
- A research statement (max. 15.000 characters) in which the candidate outlines her/his research interests, research aims, and provides information about her or his professional goals and any other useful information;
- Two confidential letters of recommendation, to be sent directly by the recommenders to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- A copy of an ID document (undersigned);
- A copy of the fiscal code (for Italian nationals only);
- A receipt of the participation fee of 100 EUR.
Submit your applications to email@example.com
Application must be completed by 1 September 2017 (h. 14.00 – Italian time); the result of the selection will be available by the end of September. The Competition is open to all the candidates who are obtaining their degree by the 31 October 2017.
For more information please visit the official website.