The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship in USA
Deadline: 15 December 2017
Open to: international students
Benefits: the AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses
American University is inviting applications for Emerging Global Leader Scholarship. This scholarship is open for international students to pursue the undergraduate program.
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity.
AU EGLS candidates must apply Regular Decision for fall (August) 2018. Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades;
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country;
- Students with a 95 TOEFL iBT, 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL (or above);
- Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room, and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately USD 4,000 per year).
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the application.
For more information please visit the official web page.