Swiss Original Handmade Creative Project (Award 36,000 Eur)
The competition entails the production of a work of art/expression that represents and gives shape to the interpretative territory defined: SWISS ORIGINAL – HANDMADE CREATIVE PROJECT.
For centuries, the Swiss tradition of Emmentaler AOP cheese production has focused on the art of cheesemaking, on artisan skills and on HAND MADE expertise, all underpinned by a caring attitude towards nature, time, materials, know-how and the vital energy of the environment we live in.
In order to be able to continue to read, refresh and interpret its own values in an innovative, contemporary and disruptive way, from the outset Emmentaler Switzerland has always been very keen and interested in engaging, supporting and promoting the world of art, talent and creativity for all.
As was the case in past competitions, exhibitions and communication initiatives, Emmentaler Switzerland is launching a new open creative competition for the collection, valorization and exhibition of a broad selection of works and thematic artworks.
THE SWISS ORIGINAL
As part of the new globalization of recent decades, we have learned to appreciate not only certain values and products shared by many civilisations, but also values and products expressly linked to the geographical, historical and cultural origins of specific local areas.
This competition aims to collect, valorise and exhibit artworks that tell stories of Swiss originality. Originality intended in terms of both methods and content that are more specifically and quintessentially “Swiss”, as well as those that are more ironic, interpretative and disruptive.
In this competition, HANDMADE refers to two possible approaches and types of works and artworks:
- Physical Objects: works, artworks and design artefacts (also hybrid: hardware/software), all with a significant component of manual craftsmanship and technique
- Digital Products: works that tell stories of manual skills, manual skill processes, and expressions and valorizations of forms of hand craftsmanship
For all information: https://bit.ly/SwissOriginal
- Upload phase: 29th April 2019 – 5th September 2019
- Community Vote: 5th September 2019 – 19th September 2019 (1.59 PM UTC)
- Jury Vote: from 5th September 2019
- Winner announcement: during the Exhibition-Event, in November 2019
The total award pool amounts to €36,000.00, split into 6 awards and 6 special mentions.
Physical Work (Award Pool €18,000)
- €15,000 split into three First Awards of €5,000 each for three works (assessed as ex aequo, independently of the support, material, technology and technique used to produce them)
- €3,000 split into three Special Mentions worth €1,000 each for three works (assessed as ex aequo, independently of the support, material, technology and technique used to produce them)
NB: The Physical Work must have been physically realized by the author and be presented through photos and/or videos, at the author’s discretion, in order to allow for the correct and better evaluation of the interpretative and manufacturing qualities of the work by the panel of judges.
Digital Work (Award Pool €18,000)
- €15,000 split into three First Awards of €5,000 each, one for each of the three categories: Video, Photography, Short Message Story.
- €3,000 split into three Mentions of €1,000 each, one for each of the three categories: Video, Photography, Short Message Story.
Entering the competition is free and open to everyone over the age of 18 on the date of registration, without any limit of nationality, profession, education, expertise or other form of restriction, except for being 18 at the time of participating in the contest.
Contest under the patronage of Brera - Accademia di Belle Arti and with the support of Cumulus Association.
Exhibition - Event
In the first half of November 2019, a major Exhibition-Event will be organized in Milan featuring the winning projects, the projects that receive mentions and a broad selection of those deemed to be of high quality and pertinent in consideration of the general objectives of the competition.
Desall.com is an open innovation platform dedicated to design and innovation, that offers to companies a participatory design tool involving in the creative process an international community coming from all over the world. To date Desall gathers more than 100000 creatives from over 210 countries and has collaborated with international brands like Luxottica, Whirlpool, Electrolux, ALESSI, Enel, Leroy Merlin, KINDER, Barilla, illy, Chicco, Mondadori and many more. Thanks for the contamination of different cultural backgrounds and creative industries, the Desall community is able to provide high-quality project solutions for every product development phase requested by the client, from concept to product design, from naming to packaging.