LearnUpon › Graduates Program: Web Developer
Graduates Program: Web Developer
LearnUpon is looking for a graduate software engineers to join our team in Belgrade.
LearnUpon is a cloud-based software company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with offices in Sydney, Philadelphia and Belgrade. LearnUpon is designed for organizations looking to distribute their courses and track their training quickly and easily at scale.
At LearnUpon we put our customer’s experience at the heart of everything we do, we always strive for the best solution (not the easy one), and we commit to producing work that we can be proud of. Our company is a very open, collaborative environment where team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. You can be part of a team who supports and guides each other to be our best, who does their best work in a supportive and fun environment.
You will be joining our experienced and fast growing team based in Belgrade. Reporting to our Senior Developers, your focus will be On-The-Job training of Ruby on Rails and related technologies, while delivering product features and related fixes to production. Our ideal candidate is ambitious, passionate about web technologies, with great attention to detail.
What will you be doing?
- Taking part in LearnUpon’s graduate program, learning Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, MySQL and web related technologies.
- Having completed our training program, you’ll be exposed to peer programming with our engineers, fixing and delivering product features.
- Taking part in agile methodologies, scrums, story point estimate exercises and standups, to name but a few related team-based processes.
What skills do you need?
- You just finished, or you are close to the end of your technical major, such as computer science or engineering.
- Excellent written and spoken English for communicating with cross-functional teams.
- You are comfortable with trying out new tools and navigating unknowns.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Previous exposure to Ruby on Rails.
- Do you have any projects online or open sourced code? Perhaps mentored students in your course at college? Let us know!
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with source control (such as Git).
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Flexible working hours.
- Structured learning environment.
- Paid training period.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of technical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV in confidence electronically. We look forward to hearing from you!
Deadline for applications: 07.03.2019.