Two Desperados › Level Designer Intern (paid)
Level Designer Intern (paid)
You love playing games and would like to be a part of creating one? This is the right place for you! Don’t worry if you lack experience, if you enjoy casual games and are eager to learn, you will fit right in!.
The goal is building an amazing experience for millions of players to enjoy on thego. As part of the design team, you will be crafting well-balanced, consistent and thrilling levels based on our games’ basic rules as well as support the delivery of the games’ core vision. Ultimately, you will ensure our games are fun to play!.
Here’s what you will be doing
- Discuss new features and feature reviews.
- Create, re-balance and tune new and existing levels.
- Analyze feedback and metrics, and adjust level design.
- Blend creativity with testing and balancing.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant game/level design literature and best practices.
Desired skills and experiences
- Passion for playing and making games.
- A sense of space, pacing, and composition.
- Understanding of the casual games market and what makes a good game.
- Experience and/or knowledge of level design for casual games.
- Deep understanding of game balancing.
- Thinking out of the box.
- Bonus point: At least one complete product cycle on a free-to-play mobile title.
- Bonus point: Non-design development experience (artist, programmer, etc.).
- Bonus point: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
What you’ll learn in this role
- Use creative and analytical thinking.
- Work collaboratively with artists and designers to create fun, compelling, and visually appealing gameplay.
- Improve observational and design skills.
Deadline for applications: 23.08.2019.