› 2019 International Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies
The Center for Comparative Conflict Studies (CFCCS) at the Faculty of Media and Communications (FMK), Singidunum University invites you to apply for the 10th International Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies. The 2019 Summer School will take place at the Faculty of Media and Communications in Belgrade, from June 23 - 30, 2019.
The Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies is part of the FMK’s Politics department and the MA program in Critical Political Studies. It provides a learning opportunity for students interested in the study and analysis of societies in and post-conflict. Interdisciplinary in its nature, drawing from the fields of Peace and Conflict Studies, History, Anthropology, Education, Law, Political Sciences and International Relations, the Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies provides students with an interactive learning experience utilizing frontal lectures and class discussions focusing on comparative conflict analysis of different case studies.
**Language of instruction for all courses is English**
**Students who complete the course requirements
may transfer the course credit to their home institution (5 ECTS)**
We are now receiving applications for the following five (5) courses (Applicants can attend only one course from this list):
- Violence, War and Trauma - Prof. Marie Breen-Smyth (University of Massachusetts)
- Migrants, Borders, Power(s): Contemporary Struggles, Moral Claims and Regimes of (im)mobility - Dr. Jelena Tošić (University of Vienna, Austria & University of Bern, Switzerland)
- Causes and Consequences of Conflict and Intervention: will lessons ever be learned? - Dr. Maxine David (University of Leiden, Netherlands)
- Memory and Conflict: Remembering and Forgetting in Divided Societies - Dr. Orli Fridman (Faculty of Media & Communications (FMK), Singidunum University & School for International Training (SIT), Serbia)
- Religion and Conflict: The Balkans’ Explorations vs. Explorations of the Balkans - Dr. Dino Abazović (University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
We invite graduate students, advanced undergraduate students (last year of BA only), individuals holding professional positions in the civic, public or private sector from all countries to apply.
Deadline to submit applications: March 31, 2019
For more information on the Tuitions for the 2019 Summer School visit our website.
We offer a special tuition discount for applications that arrive by January 31, 2019!
Online application form for the 2019 International Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies is now available on our website.
CFCCS Scholarships are available for PhD students from selected countries.
Visit our Scholarship webpage to see if you are eligible to apply!
Have a question?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details on our work, please visit www.cfccs.org