Bacon Environmental Fellowships at Harvard Kennedy School
Deadline: 24 January 2018
Open to: citizens of all nationalities
Scholarship: USD 10,000 for up to two years
The Harvard Kennedy School is inviting applications for Bacon Environmental Fellowships. These fellowships are open to applicants entering their first year of study in any of the Harvard Kennedy School’s masters’ degree programs.
The Louis Bacon Environmental Leadership Program brings together emerging leaders dedicated to preserving and enhancing our shared environment.
The Center for Public Leadership at Harvard Kennedy School is dedicated to excellence in leadership education and scholarship. Through teaching and research, we are preparing this generation with the insights and practical skills necessary to address the world’s most pressing problems.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applicants will be considered based on their excellent academic credentials and a demonstrated focus on developing leadership abilities to impact environmental public policy and practice. CPL seeks a diverse cohort of fellows with emerging leaders from the government, business, and NGO communities dedicated to preserving and enhancing our shared environment.
- Fellows will participate in a robust co-curricular program offered by the Center for Public Leadership.
- This fellowship is open to applicants entering their first year of study in any of the Harvard Kennedy School’s masters’ degree programs. Students pursuing a joint degree at HKS and another Harvard graduate or professional school or those in concurrent programs at other approved universities or schools may also apply.
- The fellowship will be open to all admitted master’s degree program students and will not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or national origin.
- Louis Bacon Environmental Leadership Fellows are awarded a full tuition scholarship and health fees for up to two years, depending on the length of their graduate degree program.
- Fellows are eligible for a stipend up to USD 10,000 for up to two years depending on their master’s degree program.
How to Apply?
To apply for the Bacon Fellowship please visit the Student Financial Services website. Applicants must submit:
1) A biographical profile, not to exceed 150 words. (This profile should be short, concise and in the third person.) Please include the following highlights: an introductory sentence including your name; the degree you are pursuing at Harvard Kennedy School in addition to any joint degree at Harvard or concurrent degree program at another graduate or professional institution; where you are from and where you currently reside; an overview and highlights of your relevant work/professional experience; significant leadership achievements including awards or certifications; and educational credentials with the degrees earned and institutions attended.
2) A document containing written responses to the following two essay prompts:
- Please discuss a topic you are passionate about as it pertains to preserving and enhancing our shared environment and your experiences as it relates to this topic. Include specific examples in your response (750 words or less).
- The purpose of this fellowship is to provide financial support and leadership development experiences for people who are committed to careers in environmental public policy. Many people are interested in environmental issues, but this fellowship is limited to those who are committed to serving as environmental leaders in government, NGO or business. Please state your commitment in 200 words or less.
- Step 1: Apply to Harvard Kennedy School: Application deadline is December 04;
- Step 2: Apply for the Fellowship: Application deadline is January 24, 2018
In order to apply fill the application form.
For more information please visit the official website.