National Chiao Tung University International Student Scholarship in Taiwan, 2019
If you are a degree-seeking overseas student with an excellent academic record, then the NCTU international awards opportunity is a perfect program for you to pursue higher studies at National Chiao Tung University.
The main purpose of this NCTU Award program is to attract outstanding international applicants in order to pursue a bachelors, masters, or PhD degree program at NCTU in Taiwan.
National Chiao Tung University was founded in 1896 as Nanyang Public School by an imperial of the Guangxu Emperor. It is a public research university and also known as one of Taiwan’s leading universities.
Why at National Chiao Tung University? The university offers courses in the field of applied science, business, and management, computer science and others. It also provides sports and athletic facilities along with the Architecture and campus grounds.
Application Deadline: Fall Intake: October 1 – December 31 (Early Action), January 2 – March 15 (Regular Action) and for Spring Intake (graduate programs only): August 10 – September 30.
- University or Organization: National Chiao Tung University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate and PhD
- Award: NT$12,000, NT$16,000, and NT$24,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International
- The program can be taken in Taiwan
- Eligible Countries: Overseas participants are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: You can apply for an undergraduate, postgraduate, or PhD degree program in any subjects offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: Must be a student with outstanding academic records and who have not received any other programmes of equal or higher value from the Taiwan (R.O.C.) government.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, then you must have to enroll in a degree program at the university. And when you filling out the admission application form, mark under the “NCTU Scholarship” item on the form to be considered.
- Supporting Documents: You need to submit your transcripts, two letters of recommendation, proof of nationality, confidential financial statement, proof of language ability, proof of Chinese proficiency, proof of work experience, and GMAT/GRE scores.
- Language Requirement: Each applicant should have to demonstrate the English and Chinese language proficiency for studying at NCTU.
For Undergraduate students up to NT$12,000 (US$400) per month, for Master’s applicants up to NT$16,000 (US$533) per month and for Doctoral candidates an award up to NT$24,000 (US$800) per month and/or tuition waiver/reduction will be granted.