Za informacije na srpskom jeziku možete pisati na firstname.lastname@example.org.
Programme duration: 2 years
Campus: Milano Leonardo
A Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or in a related field.
Mission and goals
Graduates in Civil Engineering work in the field of constructions and infrastructures. The subjects taught in the Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) degree programme aim at strengthening the basic preparation of the students, providing them, at the same time, with an adequately deepened knowledge of topics central to Civil Engineering. Students can choose their field of specialization in one of the following areas: Earthquake Engineering, Geotechnics, Hydraulics, Transportation infrastructures, Structures. Suggested study plans help students define their curriculum.
There are five tracks available:
- Earthquake Engineering (seismic design, assessment and retrofit, land use, policies to manage and reduce seismic risk)
- Geotechnics (engineering problems involving soil and rock, foundations, tunnels, retaining walls)
- Hydraulics (water storage, transportation and control, pipelines, sewers, river and coastal erosion control, reservoirs)
- Structures (analysis and design of civil and industrial structures, including steel and concrete buildings, bridges and other structural facilities)
- Transportation Infrastructures (design of roads, railways, airports and harbors, modelling of transport fluxes)
Engineers having obtained the Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) degree can find career opportunities in the following areas: companies involved in the design and maintainance of civil structures, plants and infrastructures; universities and higher education research institutions; public offices in charge of the design, planning, management and control of urban and land systems; businesses, organizations, consortia and agencies responsible for managing and monitoring civil works and services; service companies for studying the urban and land impact of infrastructures. They can also work as self-employed professionals.