ESC: European Skills and Competences in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
The volunteers will live in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria for two months with other volunteers from different countries. The responsibilities will include helping ABS in the local activities and planning and creating their own personal project. The participants will acquire many skills, including the ability the work in a team, organization, creativity, sense of solidarity and active citizenship.
- Dates: 09.01.2021 - 10.03.2021(61 days), 10.03.2021 - 09.05.2021(61 days), 09.05.2021 - 08.07.2021(61 days)
- Venue: Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
- Age of participants: 18-30
- Participants: EU programme countries
- Travel Grant: The selected participants will be reimbursed according to Erasmus + rules.
- Deadline for applying: 31.12.2020.
Active Bulgarian Society (ABS) is a youth organization located in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria. The organization aims to promote dialogue between young people, as well as active citizenship and European values amongst EU citizens. This is made possible by organizing and partnering in numerous training courses, youth exchanges, volunteer initiatives, seminars, and conferences.
- Helping ABS plan intercultural meetings, events, and activities VOLUNTEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing promotional materials, providing information to the local community about the ESC and Erasmus+ Programs
- Writing articles and press releases on social media about current ABS projects
- Developing and creating their own personal project (e.g. social initiative the volunteer wants to do for the local community)
What can you get from this experience?
- Project planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and in a fast-paced environment.
- Increase level of spoken English and ability to communicate in an international environment
- Creativity and ability to express their own ideas of volunteering services
- Moral character and establishment of European values, sense of solidarity and active citizenship
- Respect towards personal and cultural diversity
Here you can check some interesting things from the project so far:
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements
- Pocket and Food money: Volunteer will get pocket money every month: 90 euro (or the equivalent in Bulgarian currency) and food allowance:110 euro each month. The money will be transferred between the 1st and 5th at the beginning of every month to the volunteers.
- Accommodation: Volunteer will be accommodated in a shared room with another volunteer (of the same sex) in their own fully furnished flat, with all needed kitchen utensils, which is situated in walking distance to our office and the city center. The flat has all the necessary facilities for living.
There is NO participation or administrative fees.
How to apply
You can apply on this link.
Deadline for applying: 31.12.2020.