Green-Go Short Film Contest
Deadline: 30 September 2013
Open to: either professional or amateur film makers
Prize: 350 EUR as for category winner/200 EUR for the winner of the public voting
Green-Go was launched in 2010 for one simple reason: to let the arty people all around the globe express their views and opinions on current pressing issues of nature and society through their short films. Although in its only third year, the Green-Go Short Film Contest and Festival has become one of the most known “green” short film contests organised and run by youngsters. Nothing proves it better than the fact that the shorts of Green-Go will be screened during the Water Summit in Budapest, the capital city of Hungary. This summit belongs to the events of the UN International Year of Water Cooperation led by UNESCO.
The organisers of Green-Go Short Film Contest are waiting for creative, eye-opener short films in the following three categories:
- Life in plastic, it’s fantastic? Films may show the problem of waste, how to solve the problems caused by our waste, how to repair, reuse and recycle, etc.
- Water – the drop of life. Films may show how people worldwide waste and pollute just through carrying out their ‘basic’ necessities, how to protect our natural water resources and water based ecosystems, the fact that we labor under a delusion that we have unlimited water resources until the end of times, etc.
- Stayin’ alive. Films may show that the extinction of these species means for humankind, what can people do to stop extinction, cases and effects of illegal hunting, smuggling, global and internet trade, etc.
This call is open to anyone who create a short film that fulfill the following requirements:
- A campaign film with maximum of 60 seconds OR
- A short film between 60 seconds and 4 minutes
The films can be made in any genre (cartoon, animation, puppet film, documentary, interviews, etc) The shocking, saucy or dumfounding, in brief the eye-opener and impressive films will get a big plus during the evaluation.
The prizes are:
- Award-winner in each of the three categories: 350 Euro
- Public-award for one film based on the online public votes: 200 Euro
Besides, 4 sets of Cyberlink PowerDirector 11 Ultra video editing softwares will be drawn amongst the contestants whose submissions are valid.
Candidates must fill out the online application form and send before 30 September, 2013 CET 18:00:
- the original film file (in any film format) via the below detailed file transfer websites in high resolution (at least 720 px wide)
- time-coded subtitle file in English (.srt format). A separate time coded subtitle file must be attached also to films without dialogues but with floating titles/texts. Only English subtitles are accepted
- 3 captions from the short film (.jpg format)
Further information see the official website.