IBM - Master the mainframe Global Hackathon 2021
Deadline: 17 January 2021
Open to: individuals of all ages
Benefits: master the Mainframe introduces all participants to enterprise systems and inspires interest in mainframe technology
Join the Master the Mainframe virtual coding competition to learn new skills, connect with employers, earn digital badges, and win cash prizes! No technical experience required.
Through three interactive Levels, you will access a mainframe and get skilled up on the foundations of Mainframe, including JCL, Ansible, Python, Unix, COBOL, REXX, all through VS Code. Round it all out with a grand challenge where you craft your own fully-equipped Mainframe creation.
Get started today and open doors to new opportunities with Fortune 500 companies.
- Open for all
- 13+ (Student-focused – but open to all ages. Only students are eligible to win prizes)
- No experience required.
Master the Mainframe introduces all participants to enterprise systems and inspires interest in mainframe technology.
- Gain unique skills required for enterprise systems.
- Learn how to code and build innovations using the mainframe.
- Earn Digital Badges.
- Find employment opportunities.
- Take advantage of a graded, turnkey, hands-on project that is easily incorporated into curriculums
- Get additional educator resources—including curricula, access to systems, e-learning, and more– through the IBM Z Academic Initiative
- Explore educator resources
- Connect with talented students who have earned Master the Mainframe Digital Badges using Talent Match and the job board.
- Upskill and reskill your employees using the Learning System to introduce the mainframe.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit this website.